View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default still people following this thread?

I am new to the site, and like many of you were brought to Neuro Talk by googling GN. There is so little to be found online when you search for Geniculate Neuralgia.

After almost 3 years of suffering, and trying many treatments that either did nothing at all (Chiro/Physio/Acupuncture) to almost every meds my doctors can think of, I've been diagnosed with GN.

Now I have been given the option of surgery, and had all the risks explained. I just want to research as much as possible.

There is an oddidty or two with my condition that is not EXACTLY like GN, which makes me wonder about things.

I've always had issues with that ear. So many ear infections as a kid that I had to have a Tympanoplasty in my late teens. The pain only started after a serious ear drum rupture almost 2 decades later ( happened in an airplaine landing suddenly). Ok, it wasnt right after, there was a period of 3 months when the only symptoms I had was tinnitus.

It could be a coincidence, since I was in my mid to late thirties at that time. The rupture could have nothing to do with it, however an anomaly.

I also have a tingle that starts on my skull around my ear then moves across my scapl till just around center and reverses back to my ear, ocasionally. Something I havent read in any doccumentation. This however was stopped for almost 7 hours with one of the nerve block injections. The fact that it was blocked and had no effect on my "main" pain concern we assume it has nothing to do with it and can treat it later.

Sorry for long winded (any english major has likely stopped reading a long time ago) post, but I would love some more information if there is any to be found.

Frostbite
Frostbite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote