View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicoole View Post
I'm a new member to NeuroTalk. I knew I had to get online and find some kind of support before I drove myself crazy. I'm 19 and a type 1 diabetic. I have been since 13. I never took the best care of myself, actually I'm surprised I'm not dead. I have had my first cataract removal surgery and am due to have my second on March 7th. The worst consequence I suffer from though, is neuropathy in my legs and feet. My muscles tense, my foot burn, stabs at me, and tingles. It is even to the point where it is painful to bathe because the hot water drives my feet wild. I live every day in the most pain I have ever felt in my life. I am told doctor after doctor that I'm stuck this way. There's not much they can do. Please, someone tell me it's a lie. Because I hate myself thinking that I have ruined the rest of my life. I don't want to live like this. And everyday is a struggle with myself. I don't know who to talk to, where to go, who I can turn to. Sometimes I don't know what I would say even if I did. It's emotionally draining, physically agonizing. Sometimes I feel like there's no hope for me. Tell me that I can forgive myself, and that there is maybe hope, that this will get better. Cause I can't go on like this if it's not.
Damn, you sound like me when I was 19 - I was doing so much to kill myself, and it never happened, so I kept doing a lot of things that I figured would kill me instead of not ending up with endless suffering and I blew it. You are probably screwed like the rest of us, but you can find medications/vitamins/supplements/diet that will relieve your pain. I have neuropathy in my feet, and I get every symptom that you can have and I take:
Tramadol
Gabapentin (neurontin)
Vicodin
Cymbalta

Tramadol and vicodin for the sheer (breakthrough) pain of it, neurontin and cymbalta for the burning and stinging. Take vitamin B out the yingyang and multiple and Vitamin C. Magnesium and potassium for the muscles and dehydration from taking the pills. Get on an anti-depressant to help with the stinging and with the depression itself.

But yeah, please don't give up on your life just yet, stick with us and we will help bring you out of the despair. At least most days. *smile*
Bruce
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote