View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallysblooms View Post
There are things you can do. Many good threads to read about eating right and taking supplements that help the nerves to heal or at least improve.

Do you keep good track of your glucose levels? I have normal blood sugar, no problems at all but I test it. I used to test more often and I found what gets my level up. I have not seen anything above 120 one hour after a meal. That was after potatoes. Low good carbs and almost no sugar keeps my level at about 85 after a meal. Nerves do not want lows or spikes. They are sensitive to sugar and toxins of all kinds.

I have an integrative MD that knows the supplements I need for my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and my Dysautonomia/P.O.T.S. caused by autonomic neuropathy. Peripheral Neuropathy also.

I take many supplements, three times a day. Alpha Lipoic Acid, Benfotiamine (a good vit. B1) l carnitine (Carniclear liquid) B12, pregnenalone and many other things to help the body heal, the immune system also.

The other part is diet. Nutrient dense foods like kale are good. "Minding my Mitochondria" is a great book. I don't eat gluten or junk carbs. For sugar, I use honey, real maple syrup and coconut palm sugar. Only foods full of nutrients.
Hi Kncoole, sorry for all your pain and suffering. I understand your fear. SFN can be overwhelming and scary. Hang in there, as you willl find out many people on here have lots of good advice and recommendations. I learned more from talking to people on here, then my own doctors! Hope you feel better soon

Hi Sallysbloom,
You said you have normal blood sugar, but you test it. Are you diabetic or prediabetic and what type of neuropathy do you have.? I was dx with small fiber neuropathy, (punch test) no known cause! This is very upsetting and confusing for me, I was always active and healthy. But funny I was dx with predib. The reason I ask is because Im wondern if the vits B1, B12, R lipoic acid,carnitine you mentioned are they mostly benefically for diabetics? You also mentioned you have autonomic neuropathy. My question is how does one know if they have auton neuropathy, when most symptoms ex: constipation /nausesa can be symptoms of many other problems? How did you find out your low BP/dysautonomia was caused from auton/neurop?
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote