View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Anacrusis, Compliments are hard for me to handle. I like to help people with medical problems - even though I'm not a doctor - because it's about the only thing I can do. I've lost so much due to MG that I need to feel kind of useful.

It's interesting that your symptoms get better in the months when an MGer would get worse. Think about it. Extremes of heat and cold increase Acetylcholinesterase (AChE), the enzyme whose job it is to mop up Acetylcholine (ACh) when it's done with its job of making your muscles strong.

If you have too much ACh to begin with, cold/hot weather and getting more of AChE will help you! Some of the CMS's do cause someone to get too much ACh.

And since your son has symptoms and CMS's tend to run in families, that's even more evidence that it could be a CMS. Has your son seen a neuro-ophthalmologist?

I think it's more important that you go over the numbers with the pulmonologist. Definitely never post your private records on the Internet.

What is your ancestry - I can't remember!

The sleeping issue might be a separate one or not. You could have sleep apnea or some other problem (cardiac). It's hard to say. Do you sleep more propped up? There's always the possibility of central sleep apnea too, where there is something wrong with the central nervous system/brain that causes apnea.

Whatever is going on, I'm glad you're finally getting some good help!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote