View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmnp2013 View Post
I Between work, doctor's appointments, therapy, and orthodontist appointments I am starting to feel overwhelmed. His doctors just can't seem to understand that I don't have enough days in the week to do everything they suggest. I don't have time to take him to the local community college to take classes for a hobby like cooking or art. I have already given up my college education because it won't fit in my schedule anymore.I have no time for myself and sometimes I catch myself thinking that I wish he would hurry up and get grown. .
Hi,

You do a lot of driving. Can he take the bus? How many more months before the braces come off?

He is fifteen. He needs more responsibility around the house.
He can do his own laundry (and fold his clothes and put them away), keep the kitchen clean, start dinner, take out the trash, and vacuum.
You should ignore his messy bedroom.

Does he have any opportunity to exercise? Exercise helps tremendously with mental health and overall health.

Regarding how to handle your own stress . . . Exercise and get enough sleep. Hire anyone you can to help out with any household or laundry duties.
Do you have your own therapist? You can find someone who is trained in relaxation techniques.
Good luck.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-15-2013), gsmnp2013 (02-02-2013)