View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How did the clots start?

I am worried about this issue too with extra c7 ribs. I don't know what the risk is, and have been told that arterial dissection could be an issue. But I really don't want to have the surgery due to my career as a singer. My pain is not too bad like you.

Can you tell me more about your clot situation.
Many thanks,
Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching4answers View Post
Thank you for your reply!

From what I have read I have found that TOS with the c ribs is extremely rare. Therefore, I have had a difficult time finding people who have their cervical ribs removed vs. their first ribs removed.

In my case I did have blood clots in my brachial, radial, and ulner artery, the doctor was able to remove all of them but the ones in the ulner artery. Other than that I have not had any other issues besides a little bit of numbness and tingling in my hands when I sleep (for which I feel lucky after reading what a lot of other people with TOS have to deal with). I am still terrified of surgery, but know it is something that I am going to deal with.

Thanks again for responding to my post, it feels good knowing that there are people out there to talk to who understand.
arlsandstrom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote