Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Conductor71;951954]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i

where does tt say andy grove is supporting him? i think the article stated intel was developing it's own pd detection methods using voice/etc and shared some recordings with little.
/QUOTE]

Try googling their names together. Max Little did not have PD on his radar until he ran across a colleague researching voice in PD for an Intel at home PD program of some sort that never saw the light of day. Intel had 50 recorded voices and all kinds of data, and their guy thought of Max's algorithms...a team for the voice initiative was formed from this post meeting Grove.

http://www.medgadget.com/2012/08/int...nitiative.html

These original recordings were part of a 6 month research project. Some of these tests are performed routinely by speech pathologists. Have you ever been assessed by one? They can tell you more about your condition than your neuro from your voice including severity and if only one or both sides of your brain are affected. Little is synthesizing a lot of what is already known.

i'm certainly not criticizing speech analysis nor speech pathologists. nor science.
i used a speech pathologist for my son, loved him. i've never used one but might need to get some speech training as my pd progresses.

i'm just incredulous at the attention this guy got by speaking at TED yet he' was virtually unknown before TED. and how the news media just gushed all over him without questioning one thing he said or sought other opinions.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (01-29-2013), crimsoncrew (01-31-2013)