View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Anonxyz

Anonxyz

Default 2 1/2 months after car accident

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the posts on this site. You help me get through each day.

I was driving on a highway when a man high on marijauna, driving on a parallel side street, didn't stop at the stop sign. He drove straight across and was instantly in front of me. Instinct kicked in. I braked, swerved, he didn't react at all, and I hit his front left driver's side. His car spun around and hit my back passenger side. I came to rest in the median. My steering wheel bag went off, but nothing else.
My hand was broken, my ribs on the rt side very bruised, but the worst injury is my concussion. About 5/6 days later my brain just about shut down on me. So many other symptoms too. My comprehension is delayed, memory issues, sharp headaches, blurry vision, twitching all over, nausea, dizziness...and the stimuli assault on my brain! To go in public is beyond challenging! My brain is overwhelmed and my symptoms get worse with the visual and noise. I end up sleeping 2-3 days after too much stimuli. Even an extra voice in the house does it. I'm not myself, and I miss me. I miss living a normal life with my family, my friends, I miss my job.
I go to a concussion clinic. I like the dr. He's very positive and says I'll heal, but would he tell me anything different? Where I am now I can never do my job again. Besides being a wife and mother, it's my calling in life.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote