View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

I was also alone for most part because I had to have my parents help care for my child....This is coming from someone that was in obvious miss direction for a simple diagnosis in the beginning....I had to take a break from school, my own biz to reset my brain and let rest start healing process now moving into rehabilitation...... Cymbalta is not for anxiety it is an antidepressant and mood stabilizer which also suppose to help physical pain...It made me sick and added more depression and anxiety turned into panic with no warning. I stopped cold turkey after less then a week....So I was then back on the emotional up and down roller coaster until I got in with psychiatrist last week...I am now on Pristiq 50mg and valium....I had anxiety before this accident so I had to switch anxiety meds around because change in Central Nervous System.

To answer your question **focus on the positives reverse the negative thoughts as soon as that thought starts**....redirect yourself to another focus point of anything(Hot showers,folding clothes,coloring etc)Meditate,Focus on inner peace(you and moving forward)no one else can do this for us....they can only help.I know your first round of meds were bad but you will have troubles to do recovery without reversing you thoughts....sorry but it is reality...sucks very much but life is a great thing and the person you will become after this life changing time will make you a better person(Not saying you were a bad person)You need to be patient with your self(I know very frustrating)but GREAT benefits!This is all going to come together when you accept the changes(inner peace)Know that you are not alone....we all knowing our condition is actually a blessing(might not seem like it)Trust me from afar it is!!!I hope you take this in a helpful way and understand this in a positive way.

Here is what I have picked up from MD's that had went a long way with me...
I have noticed that these MD's that just got on my team give words of encouragement examples:"Do not look back"(psychiatrist)"Do not over do it"(physiatrist)"You have to do this, we can help"(Neurologist).....These short self-hypnosis involving autosuggestion really work for me

Symptoms: Physical: I am always cold in any season!!I cannot tolerate anything pressure on my head(sun glasses,hats)longer then a hour,Lock jaw/Displaced TMJ, Dropsey, Hands go numb, Arms go numb, back of head numb (when asleep),Muscle spasms in face & upper body,migraines, concentration headaches, dizziness, nausea, neck and back trauma (from accident), tinnitus, extreme light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, impaired vestibular system, balance off, Pupils NEVER equal, disrupted sleep cycles,speech problems.

Cognitive: Cognitive Behavior, Brain fog, impulsivity, speech problems, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory, impaired complex attention

Emotional: Unable to handle stress or overstimulation without getting extremely irritable or angry, easily overstimulated, MAJOR depression, major anxiety, Panic attacks

Treatment so far: Treatment for PCS,PTSD,Depression & panic,Vestibular therapy, Physical therapy, Vitamin Schedule,Walking,No Dairy, No eggs, No caffeine, No artificial coloring, Sleep with 2 pillows, Very little sugars consumed, Eat healthy,No alcohol, Medications, limit stress and overstimulation.

~*~Learn to treasure yourself and your Divinity. Be willing to accept yourself completely. Be yourself, be graceful, be kind, be wild, be weird ... be true to yourself~*~
MiaVita2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (01-29-2013), Mokey (01-31-2013), musiclover (01-29-2013)