View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A few questions for those of you who have MG

Hi I hope I'm not out of line...but I have been limbo land for a year and a half. I have a long boring story but I will give the short version and hopefully someone can offer some insight. I had never heard of MG until I joined this sight for my neuropathy. It sounds very scary.

My questions are:

Do any of you have nerve pain? Like neuropathy?
When you talk about the rest being beneficial to the muscle pain/weakness does it completely take it away? Does it take several hours?
Do you feel well rested in the morning or are you weaker in the morning?
Are doing things like grocery shopping manageable or out of the question?

The reason I am asking is because I started out with a tingle in my calf in the fall of 2011 10 months after my son was born. This has since progressed into bilateral tingling, numbness, and burning pain in my lower legs and feet and occassionally my arms and hands. I have muscle weakness which started in November of 2012 which mainly affects my calf muscles and my feet. Almost immediately upon standing up or walking the lower half of my legs starts to feel numb and the calf muscles ache. So do the arches of my feet. My arms have a real heavy feeling about them and feel as tho I have to think about what I want them to do before they can perform but it seems I can still use them okay. I have an overall lack of coordination and get dizzy upon walking for a short amount of time. I also feel short of breath. For example I can handle no more than 10 minutes of cleaning my house at a time. In the morning I have to walk to the bathroom holding onto the walls for fear I am going to tip over. I also have periodic blurry vision in my left eye, pain in my throat (like a spasm). I get twitches all over but not constant. I have to take breaks when I use my hair dryer because my arms ache to hold them up. I had 2 weeks a while ago where my mouth burned like I had drank scalding hot coffee. I also have trouble thinking of what words I am trying to say or completely forget what I was doing. I am a 25 year old female.

I am currently being looked at for MS as I had a positive finding on my latest brain MRI. But I have to do the whole wait and see what happens thing. From reading I have learned that MS usually presents itself in episodes rather than a constant worsening of symptoms although it is possible.

So I'm wondering if MG is possible and hoping this sounds nothing like it.
I would also like to add that I just recently found out I am deficient in Vitamin D (8). I know this can cause people to feel weak and tired, but this just seems over the top to me.

Thank you so much for ready and any insight would be appreciated. Also for all of you living with this I just want to say I am praying for you all because I have been reading your stories and I cannot believe what a strong group of people are here! It's people and attitudes like yours that help people like me who are stuck and feeling hopeless. God bless everyone and I hope things get better!
keepingfaith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote