View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there!
Glad to hear you are looking towards alternative medicine. I began with meds and found that they were not helping fully. I finally turned towards acupuncture and found a lot of relief. However, it was when i started receiving Healing Touch and learning to do Healing Touch on myself that I really started to heal in every sense of the word. My depression subsided, the headaches went away, I felt more energy, dizziness stopped, and I felt healthier, happier, and more positive.

I am now in the process of becoming a certified Healing Touch Practitioner. I am in my one year apprenticeship. Ive probably given over 400 treatments to others since I started a year and a half ago. Ive done lots of treatments on people with headaches and migraines and have had great success. People are in awe of how simple it is to reduce pain with energy work.

Healing Touch is energy based medicine that is done in hospitals and in private practices. It works with your bodies energy system to help clear congestion that is built up in and around our bodies. It works with all aspects of the human energy field the physical body, emotional, mental, and spiritual. Its very similar to acupuncture but without the needles. If you want some more information, check out www.healingtouchinternational.org for a practitioner near you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianKate View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm 4 months post accident where I fell off a horse and suffered a concussion and upper cervical C1/C2 injury.

Since my accident I have taken Tylenol and Advil for pain, but am trying to use alternative treatment methods other than prescriptions.
I have been prescribed Amitriptyline, Noretriptyline and Topomax, but not yet tried any.

I had two sets of nerve blocks done, but am going to stop them for now because I don't feel they are worthwhile.

I have been seeing a Chiropractor (2x week), Osteopath, Homeopathic Doctor, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture for my treatment.

Although I still have daily headaches, there is an improvement in their severity and my overall energy levels and ability to cope.

I would love to hear from anyone else who is trying alternative methods before going on any prescriptions. How often are your treatments? How long until you started to notice improvement?

Thanks!
Kate
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (01-29-2013)