Thread: Am I disabled?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Am I disabled?

Not according to the Federal Government, but according to my neurologist I am. I am severely impacted by cognitive problems. According to the government disabled means you can not care for yourself or get around on your own. I can do these things, so apparently I can do my usual job. Except I can't, my last year of work was total chaos. I completely lost control of my desk and myself and ultimately retired.

Truly I don't know if I can't do something else. I am willing to try, and I've been searching for something else, but usually there's a requirement for experience that I don't have. I have always worked in an office. I don't know how my existing skills can transfer to other work. Can I submit my many rejection notices to the Feds as proof I am unable to do "any" job?

Anyone out there make a career change due to cognitive difficulties? How did you manage it? I've even tried starting a small business, but I have absolutely no business acumen. Right now it doesn't seem I can get a job at McDonald's.

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (01-30-2013), Debbie D (02-10-2013)