Thread: Panic Attacks
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey,

That is good that you can see those different doctors. At least they are taking this seriously. Have they all spoken to your parents? Ecspecially your Neuro doc? I think that it is very important your parents know whats up. Maybe hearing it from the doctor is better?

Do not worry about seeming weak in front of the athletic doctor. There are ways to say how you feel in a factual manner. Just think of what you will say before you go in. You can even write it down on a list and then read it.

In the past I wouldn't name all my symptoms because I felt I was complaining. Later I would regret it because if you don't tell them they don't know. At least they can write it down even if they don't care. If your anxiety is bad and you keep having panic attacks you should tell your doctors. I think your neuro would be able to do more that your athletic doctor. Is that a school doctor that clears students for sports and stuff? Does he prescribe meds?

Your doctor should be able to discuss your situation about going home or staying here. What does he think?

Maybe if you can have some of these decisions done you will finally be able to focus on real resting. It will all work out. Right now you have doctors that you can see and you are doing the right thing by stopping sports. It is good that your new family is better. Maybe you can share with them your struggles?
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote