View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for that, Kitt. My feet look pretty much EXACTLY like many of those cmt feet in every respect....the muscle wasting, high arches and curled up toes, my feet also turn inwards. ...although my deformity is most obvious when I'm not weight bearing on my feet, its still there whilst weight bearing, quite often I find myself standing on the outside of my foot with my ankle twisted in. For a while I was only able to walk on the outside edge of my feet. Then I started to gradually walk with my foot more turned in, my boyfriend noticed that my left foot started turning in. I definitely do not have classic foot drop as I can lift my feet up...its just when i walk lots of the time my spastic muscles take over so I end up walking with turned in feet and shuffling along. It feels as though there are weights on my legs, they feel heavy. This is spasticity apparently.
My neurologist has commented on the fact that I have pes cavus.

Forgot to mention that although my hands are not as severe, my fingers are definitely starting to claw up in similar way to someone with cmt...it very much looks like my hands are starting to go the same way as my feet...obviously hoping they don't get as ugly as my feet., at least I can hide my feet.
ukgirl25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (01-30-2013)