View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingfaith View Post
Thanks for your response! Here is what the test results read: Focus of T2 hyperintensity present within the periventricular white matter adjacent to the atria of the left lateral ventricle as well as in the posterior aspect of the right thalamus. The test is marked abnormal and needs follow up. They seemed less concerned with the telangiectasia when they called me. They just wanted to monitor it: small subtle enhancement seen witin the posterior aspect of the let cerebellum that may represent capillary telangiectasia. Neoplasm is felt to be less likely but cannot be excluded.
I would try to get a second opinion. The periventricular white matter is a common placee for MS lesions to appear. Additionally, I still would ask for a referral to a vascular physician as well as another neurologist. The statement "neoplasm is felt to be less likely but cannot be excluded" would send me straight in to another neurologist. Please consult with another neurologist for a second opinion as well as get a second opinion on your MRI. They do have neuroradiologists that can review your MRI.

Let us know how you are doing.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
keepingfaith (01-29-2013), Natalie8 (01-31-2013), SallyC (01-29-2013)