View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

How long ago did you have the IVSM?

When I had optic neuritis the first time, I didnt do any steroids. It took me over a year before my vision was back to what I call normal. (meaning the color vision came back almost 100%. I could see and read normally)

The next time I had ON, I had double vision. Had the IVSM, vision went back to normal within a month. Never had any pain with that one.

Last time I had ON was last year. Started in februrary or march. At first it was pain just when I moved my eyes, but it wasnt horrible. That went on for about a month or a month and a half and the pain built up from there. It got to the point where I thought that digging my eye out with a spork would be less painful. My neuro gave me a Rx for pain (tramadol???) which did nothing.

By that time, my vision in the right eye was pretty much 100% screwed up. Couldnt see out of it and it hurt like crazy. Neuro had my regular doctor order me some IVSM, which was 3 days worth (that I can remember) and the pain went away fairly quickly after that. I had an oral taper after that.

It took awhile for my vision to start to clear up. I think it was early May, or even late May when it started to clear. (I kept hoping it would resolve by my birthday, which is in late May)

As far as I can tell, and from what my ophthalmologist said a couple of weeks ago at the 6 month follow up, my vision is back to normal. I want to say it was to the point I could drive by early June.

MS is one of those diseases that can teach patience. The lesson hasnt sunk in for me yet. I'm very very impatient. (I had another flare this summer that made my hands go numb....they're still numb and I'm out of patience for that)

you might just need to be a bit more patient for it to resolve. As for the eye pain, they can treat that. You might need to explain to them just how painful it is. They should be able to offer you a pain medication.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (01-30-2013)