View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink My father is 85 with early dementia.

It seems as if I have played this role before. Did not volunteer for this one though. My dad is 85, and in the early stages of dementia, and the diced rolled my way for caregiver, I guess because I was the only player. My dysfunctional family was lived with an alcholic father- abuse- physical and mental. My mother beaten down, with no self- esteem and so turned to
her oldest ( ME ) To help her with adult issues, like worrying about food, shelter, and three little siblings to help with. Where did my childhood go, I am 58 now and honestly don't know. Thus the history I have had all these years with my father.They were four children I as I have stated am the oldest. A sister ( younger ) has, dis- associated completely from the family. A ( Brother ) who I loved dearly passed away in april of 2012, he was 55. Broke my heart and my spirit. My mother died in april of 2000. Youngest brother tries but lives out of state, and only tolerates our father. And so i feel like yelling come on down your the lucky winner. I feel guilty for even saying this but I feel like I have taken care of people my whole life. I am tired, so tired of everyone pulling at me. I don't even get the time to grieve for my own brother, my father found him dead, and came to my house and said your brother is dead, wow what a rollercoaster ride I have been on.
candace ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-30-2013), tamiloo (04-24-2013)