View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well it has been two weeks today since my surgery!

I went in on Tuesday the 15th and was released from the hospital on Friday the 18th. I stayed in St Louis until the following Wensday and came back home. Everything went smooth, I had some scar tissue that was removed and Dr. Thompson said I have the record from the largest Scalence Muscles he has ever removed weight wise lol.

I will say the surgery was a bit painful but was better than I expected. The first two days are the worst, from there it is all downhill. I am still having some numbness in the chest, neck, and arm. The worst is the lack of strength and the pain in the arm down into the hand. I did not have much of this prior to surgery but the doc said anytime you are in the nerves will get irritated so I guess it will take some time.

I am feeling pretty good otherwise, alot of the pain in the chest, neck, and mid back is gone! I have had a couple of episodes of slight dizziness but think they are related to TMJ now, yet they are no where near as extreme.

I returned to work yesterday and worked a 10 hours lol. Put in another 10 today! Overall I feel decent, I am strictly doing adminstrative work so nothing crazy right now. So far the surgery was worth getting rid of the issues I had prior to surgery. I just hope they get better and never come back!

Just curious for those of you who are active, how long before you were working out agian? IE running, lifting weights, ect. I feel like I am obvioulsy progressing faster than the normal person, I am 26 and very fit. Just seeing how long I'm looking at. I don't want to push it too hard, but running a mile or two would be nice!
miz-zou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote