View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't share your view about much of that particular website content I'm afraid.

I honestly don't want to offend anyone which is why I've never mentioned it before. There are some articles on the site written by other authors which may be more recent, more accurate and of better quality. The majority of it is nothing more than that particular doctor's personal opinion and unsubstantiated hypothesis. It contains virtually no references to any published studies, peer reviewed research, recognised authorities or texts to back up, justify or evidence any of the opinions and hypotheses. Too much of it is based in pseudo-science and some of it just makes no sense. It has to be treated with great caution.

The specific part you referred me to (which I have looked at in the past when researching this urban myth previously) is really worrying and seems to be where the urban myth has sprung from. It contains some bizarre statements and, again, there is no evidence at all to back up his claims.

I'm sorry. I don't want to offend people because most people who post here seem to like that website and think it has good advice and I don't want to stir things up but I can't agree and it is certainly not a source that any of the leading CRPS clinicians and researchers I've spoken to would ever look to.
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aascvt (01-30-2013)