Thread: Back to work
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been to the Alps 3 times since my injury. The first time was only 5 months after my injury and I hardly skied at all and felt dreadful afterwards, more dizzy and fatigued. It took me 3 weeks to get back to where I was before the trip.

The second time was a year on from that, and it went much better. I made sure I looked after myself with good diet and sleep and came home with some worse fatigue but I'd say it only took a week of more rest to get over the journey and extra physical skiing activity.

This year I went to bed late a couple of evenings and did participate more in the skiing, and some wine drinking! This left me with headaches and some dizziness with a bad attack of vertigo on one day I was crashed into on the slopes then on the day after I got home.

This week I'm resting more and I must say I feel pretty good, despite some mild headaches, though I'm prone to those anyway.

Re fogginess, that comes and goes and I don't really think it got worse from my ski trip.

Thanks for supporting the advice re B vits. I need to check what I get in my daily Berroca tablet and add possibly add on to that.

Ali B
Ali B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
postconcussion (01-30-2013)