View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakeforjake View Post
My wife has endured 17 months of dibillitating pain from a torn L5 S1, and internal disc derangement. A neurosurgeon promised no relief if he were to remove the disc and fuse, but said he would do it. Now, insurance is saying it is not medically necessay, and we are in a different battle.

So we find ourselves pondering if fusion is in fact the best option. Any feedback as to why one feels the SCS may be a better choice, or perhaps even a pain pump. She is totally disable and can walk in short distances, but cannot sit for the pain.

God bless,

Mark K.
I had a triple fusion in 2010, did'nt turn out the best, but, I was bed ridden before surgery so there was some help there. You have to think long and hard before going thru it. My back keep going out. It would go out and 3 or 4 days later I would feel a little better and within a day or 2 it would go out again, I sufferd like this for months. I can understand how your wife feels. Try anything you can before surgery. I have not done the pump, but it may help. I wish your wife the best.
bretd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote