View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seishin View Post
So the hospital has given me some of my blood test results. I'm a female with Hashimoto's & the MG, of course. I'm high & low in some things, they don't SEEM to be of much significance, but I'll list them in case anyone feels like providing insight from a MG perspective:

MCH................H 32.2
Neutro Auto......H 69.2 (Differential Method - Automated)
Lymph Auto......L 21.3 (Differential Method - Automated)
Bili Total..........H 1.6 (Routine Chemistry)
Total CK...........H 168 (Cardiac Isoenzymes)

My real question has to do with Total CK. What does high CK mean to people like us compared to the general population? If my Total CK is high at 168, does that mean heart attack territory or is that a byproduct or indicative of the autoimmune ailments?
They mention heart attack for CK, because that is what cardiac muscle is destroyed in a heart attack. but your disease will have destruction of muscle fibers continuously for regular muscles...they didn't get to filter out other muscle creatine. this is in the website furnished above....
/QUOTE]There is an inverse relationship in the serum levels of T3 and CK in thyroid disease. In hypothyroid patients, with decrease in serum T3 there is a significant increase in CK. Therefore, the estimation of serum CK is considered valuable in screening for hypothyroid patients.[8]
this should help you feel better about the CK values,,,
I would talk to your dr about your Bili values being higher at 1.6...this is from your liver, do you drink? have you noticed a yellowing of your eyes or skin? Bili is bilirubin, leading to jaundice...just a thought
karen P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
seishin (01-30-2013)