Thread: Please HELP me!
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Good thinking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
How much Mestinon are you taking? This is a long shot, but when you talk about excess salivation, loss of bowels, and vomiting, I think about Mestinon overdose. I've read that a cholinergic crisis can be hard to distinguish from a myasthenic crisis.

I'm sorry you've been through such horrors, and still without a firm answer! I can hardly imagine.

Abby
I was on 3 of Mestinon a day, then one Neurologist increased to 5 a day. Then, I went into having severe muscle twitching where an MG doctor stated it was Mestinon sickness, and decreased the dose. Now, the very bad twitching stopped, but, with overuse of the muscles, I still have muscle weakness twitching. A definite difference. The increased salivation is where the salivary glands let go, and those are controlled usually. Right when my body is going into a crisis, I have the vomiting, loss of bowels, and then can't use my body muscles to move anymore...downhill quickly...
REALLY GOOD THOUGHTS!! THIS IS THE DIALOG NEEDED TO FIGURE THIS CASE OUT!! Thank you very much!!
karen P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote