View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Yes, it is the same for me. Lots of creaking in the neck, some shoulder pain, pain below the level of fusion T1-2-3. Will never be able to look over my shoulder for driving. I have to undo seatbelt and "turn" around to look.
I am an artist, so looking down is a real issue. I use a high bench, and Easel to do anything at all. I have to adjust what I do all the time. I am 3 years out this coming August. Looking up at the night sky, I only do laying down on the ground. I guess this is all better than the horror my neck was before.
How long since your surgery now? ginnie
July 2010 --im happy with results but my one major problem is right shoulder --so bad i thought tore rotatr cuff they said no --went last yr for another mri of neck surgeon said c-5 neural foreman --its opened but very small where the nerve is being pinched ---the only fix is to redo the whole fusion c4 thru c7 take out hardware drill the hole bigger---he said the risk on a muti level fusion --re-fusing again really drops and doesnt feel it warrants the risk. I been on predisone alot since but now-- they dont want me talking it for 6 months---but it is the one thing that helps alot. Like i said yesterday I have good days and do projects --then this is what happens I never know how long the fare ups with last. I just wish there was another med that works as well as predisone without the risks.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-30-2013)