View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 10:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too was put on Neurtontin (Gabapentin) for nerve pain. I started to list what this drug did to me but decided against it. Suffice it to say it did not work for "nerve pain".

Being Native American with elders that did not have access to adequate health care until about 10 years ago, I grew up with people who utilized nature around them.

I do not like taking pills, my doc's know that - and will always revert to drinking teas or utilizing natural remedies.

There are a host of teas that help with calming (with me any tea calms me down) but Grandma would use Pineapple plant (Alaskan Chamomile) and Raspberry leaf tea right before bedtime.

Valarian root and melatonin really help with falling asleep.

Talk to your doctor though I remember that I had to be wiened off the neurontin, you have to dose down or you really will get some bad side effects.

All the best - Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote