View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default help with mri (myelomalacia)

Hi everyone,

I wrote before about myelomalacia but didn't have my mri. Sorry about all the reading?

C2-3 level demonstrates a very small right paracentral spur without effect on the cord or associated foraminal narrowing.

C3-4 also notabble for right paracentrsl spur and disk protrusion. There id no effect on the cord, but there is significant right foraminal narrowing.

C4-5 demonstrates a broad disk prorusion and spondyltic ridge. This is more prominent right of the midline. This abuts the cord in the midline and causes significant right foraminal narrowing. There is mild left foraminal narrowing at this level.

C5-6 demonstrates a large right patacentral disk protrusion abutting and markedly deforming the cord central snd right of midline. Marked right foraminal narrowing associated eith thid with mild-to-moderate left foraminal narrowing relayed to uncovertebral joint overgrowth.

C6-7 demonstrates a small midline protrusion. This abuts the cord, but there is no frank deformity of the cord surface. No significant foraminal narrowing telatd to this.

C7-T1 level is mormal.

There is abnormal signal in the cervical cord demonstrated from mid C5 through mid C6. This is centered on the C5-6 disk space where there is a large right paracentral disk protrusion snd spur deforming the cord. Ptesumably, this is represents myelomalacia related to pressure effect. Elsrwhere, the cord is normal in signal characteristics. There is no syrinx.

IMPRESSION:
1. Large right paracentral disk protrusion and spur C5-6 abuts and markedly deforms the cord. Abnormal signal within the cord centered on this level represents reactive myelomalacia.
2. Significant but somewhat lesser disk protrusions snd spondylosis notex at levels as detailed by level above.

Any help explaining this to me would be appreciated.

Thanks
kim
kim1101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote