View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Weightlifting cause CSF, dizziness, tinnitus, Etc.?

Hi everyone,
I apologize if there has been a thread about this already. I searched a little but didn't see anything. I was lifting weights 2 years ago and had the onset of the most painful headache I have ever experienced. I've had a kidney stone and it ranked up there with the level of pain. It came on suddenly and stayed for a while but gradually eased up after a few hours. 2 days later I was doing some pushups and my ears started ringing and I felt "funny" in my head. My head felt awful, no pain really, just awful. Then came the dizziness (unsteadiness), hyperacusis, aural fullness, short bursts of extremely loud ringing, metallic taste,and continued tinnitus. After a few months, the symptoms began to subside VERY slowly to the point where I could function without being totally freaked out. As time went by I was able to see that something in my head somewhere was "broken". Whenever I try to lift anything more than 10 lbs. for a minute or so, the symptoms come back and, depending on how heavy or how long, stay for a day or two to a week or two. It's an awful feeling that only gets better when I lie down. I have had multiple MRIs, CT scans, balance tests, blood tests, etc. to no avail. I can't pick up my kids, carry groceries, etc. My life is completely different now and the only good thing to come from it is that God has become the center of my world (and my families). I know that there are many many people out there with similar problems. I feel so badly for everyone that has to live with these types of issues. They are the kind of injuries/problems that don't get enough attention from the medical community. People look at us and think "that guy looks like he's in great shape, what's the matter with him?" Sometimes I think I would rather have lost a limb or something. At least then people know you have a problem that doesn't need a lengthy explanation three times a day. If anyone that reads this has it or know someone that has had a similar experience, would you please email me. I have never met anyone with the same thing as me. I'm sure you can all relate... Thanks for reading this. God is with all of us and will help us through the tough times...
teacher778 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote