View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinders999 View Post
Hi everyone, how are you? I hope everyone is as ok as they can be. I've not been on the forum for months as I've been having a hard time coming to terms with being stuck in a wheelchair. For anyone who doesn't remember me; I've had RSD since 1996, I have it in all of my left side and my right leg, leaving me only the use of my right arm.

I went to the podiatrist's last week & I now have to have 3 toe nails removed due to my RSD, as my feet & legs have 'curled' so have some of the nails. I'm dreading having this done as I'm so worried that it'll upset my symptoms & give me yet another flare up. I've had just over a year of constant flares & it's just starting to calm again now. Has anyone else had this done? Did it cause problems for you too? I know I have no choice about getting it done because of the problems they're causing with additional pain, infections, etc, but it still bothers me, so if I could have some advice I'd be grateful.
Hi Cinders, so sorry to hear of your foot-toenail issues. Sounds like you are saying a 'no choice' issue. I've read on this forum and other info on rsd that loading up on vitamin c is a 'preventive' measure. For myself, I would do that right away before and after procedure. Also, could you talk to your doc about giving you something pre-surgery to relax your body and mind. Like I do the 'laughing gas' before any dental procedure. My dentist also gives me antibiotics prior to any dental procedure. Maybe you are already on antibiotics with nail infection issues. Hope the best for you. Let us know how you are doing and when you are scheduled. will be thinking of you- loretta I've had rsd like yourself since 96-both legs, arms, full body
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cinders999 (01-30-2013)