View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll TRY to help.

At C2-3 you have a small bone spur

At C3-4 you have a small bone spur, but also a herniated disc with foraminal narrowing. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord. These holes are narrowing at this level.

C4-5 You have a broad herniated disc and also a bony ridge which is more prominent right of the midline - It abuts the cord in the midline and causes SIGNIFICANT right foraminal narrowing (see above). There is mid left foraminal narrowing at this level.

C5-6 You have a LARGE right paracentral herniated disc abutting and deforming the cord right of midline. There is marked right foraminal narrowing (see above) associated with mid to moderate left foraminal narrowing relayed to unconvertebral joint overgrowth (bony overgrowth).

C6-7 There is a small midline herniation. This abuts the cord but there is no frank deformity of the cord.

C7-T1 Normal

There is abnormal signal in the cord from mid C5 thru mid C6. This is because the C5-6 herniated disc and spur are deforming the cord. Presumably, this is myelomalacia due to pressure effect. With Myelomalacia, the cord is softened due to no blood flow. Abnormal signal indicated reduced or increased "electrical" activity in the cord.

I hope this helps in explaining your MRI a little. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Sometimes I assume people know what I'm talking about. LOL So don't hesitate to message me, or whatever and I'll try to explain a little better. I have to admit that this is a pretty "interesting" MRI. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote