View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nuvigil problems -- anyone else?

Hi all,

My depression got worse this fall because of an infection that put me in the hospital and serious stressors with a step kid. Fortunately these 2 problems have been resolved! (kid is gone now!) I've pretty much tried every AD out there.

The psychiatrist suggested taking provigil every day instead of on an as needed basis. The provigil was great when I took it occasionally but if I take it every day I start to get these vicious headaches in the base of my skull/back of head.

So the neuro suggested trying Nuvigil. I have no headaches (yeah!) but there are other problems. This drug makes me feel like I have marbles in my mouth. I try to read something aloud and I'm stumbling over words like I can't pronounce them. My brain feels stupid and word recall is hard too.

I know this isn't MS related cognitive/speaking stuff because it started with the drug. Has anyone else had this problem with Nuvigil? Oh and I'm taking the smallest dose possible because my body is so sensitive to meds.

Ergh. I really like the energy provigil gave me. I felt like a normal non- MS person again! I need to find something that works but with tolerable side effects. Ahhhh, the age old dilemma.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Natalie8; 01-30-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (02-05-2013), ewizabeth (01-30-2013), SallyC (01-30-2013), Twinkletoes (02-05-2013)