View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
I disagree, I had this issue when they were using ice on shoulder and foot injuries I had. It was not used to cool a burning area or even overused, it was used in the proper RICE way. In my case, it made the RSD worsen and spread. The ice did more damage.
Hi Nanc..

Forgive me for inquiring on this subject. But how is it that you are sure that the proper use of ice made your RSD worsen and spread? I am new to the hypothesis (at this time I have to call it that..) that ice is an absolute no-no for CRPS. I have read Dr. Hooshmand's article and understand his theories to an extent.. however that is what they are to me at this point. I would love to see some published studies, research trials, etc that have been done to evaluate this theory.
The reason why I ask how you know what made your RSD worsen and spread is because we know the nature of this disease. It is a disease that is systemic in nature due to the location of the sympathetic nerves. It is a disease that almost always spreads and worsens over time.

I don't know what to believe about the ice theory. I am steering clear of ice for now, which is agonizing because it was profoundly helpful for my pain. But for me, the verdict is still out and I need further evidence.
aascvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-31-2013)