View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question please!!

Hi all! I have a question for any of you that can answer this, if you can?? Ok, I had wrist and hand pain, I go to a neurologist, anyway, he did that nerve cond. test that felt like shock waves. .. kept asking me to go back, which I did. This started in Sept. of 2006. I was taking care of his mom who has Altizmers. I had to quit for awhile. Anyway, the pain got worse.(I had to quit my job) I went to my family Dr. on and off. he just kept giving me prednoisone pills and tramodol I then told him, I have so much pain in these wrists and hand(right) that I want to cut my arm off!! he said I am going to refer you to a Orthopedic surgeon who called my neurologist and had my records faxed to him. ok, he set up my surgery date which was on Jan. 9, 2007 and my pain got worse. so much worse. the pain and swelling NEVER went away. he put me on tylonol#3's. kept saying, I'll see you in a week, then went to him, he said this will get better I'll see you in two weeks.. then three weeks.. blah, blah.. blah. I finally said this medication is not helping. he then put me on Vicodin, then vicodin ES now percocetts. I go back, same thing.. it will go away!! finally when he seen me last month, he said I am sending you to the pain clinic, you have RSD and if I had acess to a computer to look up RSD. (This is how I found you fine friends) ok, I go see the pain Dr. and he set up 3 blocks(one I had already, which didn't do me much good) I go back May 8th. then again May 15th.(for 2 more Ganglion nerve blocks) here is my question... do you think the carpal tunnal surgery caused me to have RSD?? Also the pain is in my upper shoulder, and when I reach up or turn my right arm a certain way.. I scream in pain.. it is that intense!! I wish I NEVER had the carpal tunnal surgery and why this Orthopedic Dr. waited so long to tell me. My family Dr. showed me my chart that I had this in Dec. of 2006.. why didn't he say, you shouldn't have the surgery if I had RSD?? I hope I am making sense here.. (sorry) TIA Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote