View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
I finally got my prescription of mestinon and just took my first dose an hour ago. The first difference I noticed is that my eyes could focus better. And my arm and legs feel more normal. I hope this is just not wishful thinking.

Kathie
I´m sure it wasn´t!

Here is an experiment you can try if you like, Kathie.
  • Have a book in front of you and measure the distance from your eye to the text on the page before taking Mestinon.
  • Then again approximately 30 minutes after taking your dose.
  • Try to use the same text and same lighting conditions.
  • Measure the distance at approx 30 minute intervals after dose.
  • Repeat both before and after dose measuring on different days and at different times.

When I was taking Mestinon in the summer, my close up vision improved temporarily on average by over 20 cm after taking Mestinon and then gradually deteriorated as the medication would start to wear off. The book was moving further and further away from my nose! My optician was so relieved it wasn´t his calculations as you can imagine (too many changes in glasses prescriptions in just a few months!)

Distance vision sharpened like a razor with Mestinon and double image shadows disappeared completely for a few hours.

Also Kathie, my arms turned from garden spades into feather dusters after my first dose

All the best......

Anacrusis

Last edited by Anacrusis; 01-31-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (01-31-2013)