View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

FYI_ if you think you should be seen/followed by a opthalmologist (sp?) may I suggest calling the Lions- they can get you into a opth MD or neuro-opth (and it is based on free/sliding scale fees). You may want to look up the info/contact person on the State Lions affiliate on the web. Here is the US home page:
https://directory.lionsclubs.org/

BTW: My neuro opthalmologist told me that nystagmus, diploplia, and utoffs were things that can often occur as a reult of the Optic Neuritis. The optic nerve gets inflamed or damaged, this can result in all sorts of myriad vision/eye issues. After one of my 'bad" flares that also inlcuded ON it took a good while for things to calm down. I still get the jumpy eyes with double vision & washed out colors now and again.

If you really just want a referral and your PCP won't provide it, may I suggest a new PCP or pop into an urgent care center and ask that MD to give it. OR you could contact the ER doc and tell him you need the referral.

Either way- I wish you well and welcome to the club nobody intended to join (but we are a great bunch!)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (01-31-2013), AynaDee (01-31-2013), NurseNancy (01-31-2013), SallyC (01-31-2013)