View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Thanks for checking in Rae! I was just about to post an update.

I was reprogrammed tuesday and now I have some very usable programs. I've done more walking than I havent in years. Its such a weird feeling to walk instead of use my wheelchair! Today I'm going to tackle hills in my neighborhood. I'm trying this thing out as much as I absolutely can. Gosh, I was so discouraged on monday with the programs I couldn't use and panicked that this scs trial was a waste of my time and lots of out of pocket money. At this point in leaning towards getting it.

The back pain is still a bit distressing. I can't sleep more than about 3 hours total. I caved and took a percocet earlier tonight. I know my doc didn't want me taking any so that I get a true reading with the scs. However, I have not been waking up with my usual foot pain, just pain from the lead insertion sites and hip/shoulder pain from laying on one side only. They wear off so quickly and I certainly won't take any during the day.

I have crps type II (peroneal nerve in leg). Normally it is ice cold and even the little temp strips my doc used on my eval couldn't even pick up a temperature, so less than 70 degrees. With the scs my foot has been warm!! Is this typical?
pg2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (01-31-2013), Mark56 (02-01-2013), Nanc (01-31-2013), Rrae (01-31-2013)