View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A naive question from an exasperated patient!

Hello everybody.

I have been over on the MG forum for a while talking about chronic undiagnosed symptoms including slurred speech, walking difficulties with frequent falls, blurred vision, difficulty supporting the weight of my head, difficulty chewing and swallowing and difficulties breathing. To cut a long story short I have been thoroughly tested and the doctors can't find anything and I have been told my illness is 'functional'.

I had two MRIs just over a year apart at the beginning of my last major flare up in 2010/2011 and between the two appeared a 'high signal white dot' on the right frontal lobe of my brain. I was told this is an aging spot and everybody gets them. However, I have since come across conflicting views about this including one GP who told me this could indicate MS.

Can you reassure me this is a normal aging spot and that I do not need to recall for another MRI? I am frequently mistaken for having MS. Of course, I am also very exasperated at not having a diagnosis or any treatment plan.

Thank you very much for reading and putting up with such an ignorant question - I'm sure you must get this one all the time!

wild_cat
wild_cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-31-2013), tkrik (01-31-2013)