View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for your responses! It means so much to have your support!

I'm not under the care of a neuro at the moment, but I have now seen four. I have also seen three cardiologists, as my heart range is very wide (30s-180+). They recently gave me an EMG and pulmonary function testing. The EMG was normal even though the test itself made my limbs go into a violent uncontrollable spasm. They told me the pulmonary function test results are 'uninterpretable' and will not redo them.

Up until recently it seemed possible my symptoms may fit an seronegative MG pattern. But I do get other symptoms, such as muscle jerking that doesn't seem to fit. More recently I started to get bouts of uncontrollable crying which is completely uncharacteristic for me. It comes on suddenly for no reason and is a really loud sort of crying, not the sort I would do if I were really crying. Then it stops suddenly and I feel fine again. The last time this happened my eyes went crossed and I couldn't stop them doing it and it was very uncomfortable. I'm convinced that whatever this is is something to do with all the other symptoms.

I find the fact that this happens really worrying. Since it started no physician has been able to take my bp because I get really bad carpopedal spasm and then my face goes into a grimace...it's just horrible as I have no control over it at all. I don't understand what's happening to me and why my body is behaving this way.
wild_cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote