View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default help please

I'm in kind of the same situation...

I'm currently in 10th grade (15 years old) and in 7th grade i got a major concussion snowboarding, i was knocked out for sure, i only remember 10 second bits until i got to the hospital. I fully recovered from that concussion.

This year on about august 30th or 31st I got another concussion playing hockey and it was tryouts so i kept playing and i felt back to normal after around 3 weeks. On the 4th week i got punched in the cage and my headaches returned, worse than ever. Finally i went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with a concussion so I didnt play or do any activity for 2 weeks, then i began to return to play and hit my head during practice, so for the next 3 weeks i didnt do anything. about a month after (2 weeks ago) i got cleared by the doctor, he said my remaining headaches were from a sugar imbalance from being inactive for so long. so i started working out again and the headaches stopped.

So then i returned to play about a week and a half ago and in a game i was tripped and hit the back of my head on the ice, and after the doctor said that the headaches were from whiplash, and that he is completely sure I'm fine, so i played more games and never got hit to the head, and so i thought i was finally completely better. but my head felt really tender, like when you put pressure on a bruise.

Three days ago in a game I was hit in the side of the head, not really hard, but after i got the same feeling that the back of my head had, just not as bad. Then, yesterday, during warm ups i headed a soccer ball (it was slightly flat so it gave lots) and during the game (about an hour later) and i got the same tenderness, and saw spots for a short time (5 mins max).

yesterdays game was pretty rough and i hit more than i usually do, because i was cleared and mostly in shape, but after the tenderness and headaches came back pretty bad, in all the spots that ive recently been hit (back from being tripped, side from getting hit, and front from the soccer ball) and have continued into today.

I find that eating still helps, probably because my dugar isnt completely normal again, but I'm just really scared that these symptoms are something worse and that the tenderness is a sign of something very bad. It's scary to think that I might have to quit hockey, and im just looking for some opinions.

Should i stop playing?

Why is my head so easily hurt?

What can i do to help my condition?

I just dont want to have problems for the rest of my life and it's beginnning to feel like i'll never be back to normal again.
Cbit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote