View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1101 View Post
Thanks Leesa,

Is it degenerative or caused by something else?
Tha pain really isn't that bad, I am on gabapentin right now but will the pi get worse? Thanks again for any info.

Kim
I was given a diagnosis of myelomalacia in 2006 following a spinal decompression operation. Previously, since the mid '80s I had had mild neuropathic pain in both legs and a slight walking problem but in early autumn 2006 the condition took a step change for the worse with the nerve pain becoming very intrusive and greatly impaired mobility. The operation appears to have stabilised the condition, with very little change over the last six years.

I tried various medications from 2006 onwards: amitryptiline (have I got that right?), gabapentin, etc., etc. even waccy baccy and ending with methadone but none of them resulted in any noticeable improvement, so I decided it was better for my mental health to stop taking the pills and accept that the pain and mobillity problems were part of me and so I decided to get on with life as best I could. Not everyone's solution I know, but it is mine.

Last edited by Colin Street; 01-31-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Clarify
Colin Street is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-31-2013)