Thread: Please HELP me!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Karen, Well, I showed you a "possibility" not a reason. I'm not a doctor, just thinking out loud to see if it helps. If it does, great. But you need a doctor to figure all of this out. And, obviously, your kids need to go too! There are some immunologists who see both adults and kids.

Was your child tested for celiac disease (CD)? CD is not an allergy but an autoimmune response where antibodies are created after eating gluten (wheat, barley, rye, oats, etc.).

I am sorry your doctors are not doing everything they can for you. You have more time to think about all of this than they do. No, that does NOT excuse them. They have years of schooling and experience.

You are not doing well right now. You need to rest as much as possible. Your kids need you to stick around! You've had some pretty close calls. Do you have someone who can help you find a good immunologist? They can do all sorts of tests, like those for CD and can figure out the underlying autoimmune issues.

I hope you'll feel better soon. Hang in there.

Annie
Thank you for your help, and I understand more because of it!
She was tested by the Pediatrician for a Gluten sensitivity, so I will check the CD--she is anemic also like me, which all makes sense now.
I have researched some immunologists, who are in DC, a little ways for me but I will go when I get records from all my blood tests.
karen P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote