View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist View Post
Hi Desi,

Sorry to say this, but it seems quite likely that the surgery caused it. There's quite a lot about contracting RSD after surgery, in general, on the net, and specifically the incidences of it ocurring following carpal tunnel or any RSI surgery seems to be very much on the rise.

From what I've read, actually, any wrist or knee surgery in particular seems to be fraught with risk.

Of course, I don't really know your details, I'm just making the point in a general way and saying it's not unlikely. If that's what it was, I'm so sorry - dreadfully bad luck.

Of course, in the way of the world, these are things they don't often warn you about beforehand. I know, it's terrible.

But you have found us, and that's a good start, there are lots of people here with knowledge and experience to give you a helping hand. Take care, and ask anything you need to.

When searching for info, I'd recommend you use both the terms RSD and CRPS - you get more results that way - seems that the medics use the term CRPS more, the sufferers use RSD more. Dunno why.

all the best
Thank you for writing me back, artist! Today the pain is all through my shoulder(right) my wrist and hand and fingers are so swollen and my hand is so cold. sometimes it turns red, blue.. and it feels like my entire hand, wrist and shoulder is burning!! I'm sorry for whining to ya all! I can be such a baby I can't wait to have my 2nd.Ganglion nerve block (this Tues) then the last one May 15th.) for this RSD and CRPS. My Dr. NEVER used the word CRPS just RSD I will make a note to use both though.. Thanks again, so much!! Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote