View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Bubble,

Your dentist said what?????????????????
A fistula is systemic. It is the body's response to infection. It is the body's way of letting off the pressure from the infection. The original fistula may close over but a new one will form in the same or different spot.

Please get another opinion.

Any chance you post the x-rays of this tooth?

Your physical complaint of black stool is a bit concerning. Clindamycin can cause intestinal problems even after you have been off of it for awhile. By any chance are taking an iron supplement??

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble0304 View Post
Well, the dentist said she would be concerned if I didn't have the fistula, that the bacteria would have nowhere to go and would be sitting up there, possibly causing a systemic response. She prescribed me Flagyl as she said it should settle down with that. She looked at the xrays again and they looked fine.

However; the bump hasn't refilled back up since Monday night(fingers crossed) and I don't plan on taking the Flagyl. I have been having massive stomach pain and black stool that I just came back from the Dr's for and she said it could have been due to the clindamycin, that I took my last does of last Thursday. She said to let my dentist know that I cannot take anymore antibiotics at this time.

Should the bump (fistula) come back, I will have to get another opinion with an oral surgeon. I do not like the idea of taking all of these antibiotics....
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote