View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Do you like playing musical hospitals?

Yup, it might've been me. I found that taking before and after photos was so dramatic that not even a skeptical doctor could deny it. Photos don't lie.

Is 700 your normal PFM? So then you went to nearly half that (which is when they say to dial 911) back to normal with Tensilon. Did your eyes pop open? Mine did. It was stunning. Did they test your strength before, during and after? That's what MG experts do. And do you know how much Tensilon they injected? They can give anywhere from 2 mg. to 10 mg. of it. I only had 2 mg. with a dramatic improvement.

In some people with MG, they can get even worse after Tensilon. So be careful and rest.

I had to laugh, sort of, when the doctor said you didn't need O2 because your airways weren't obstructed! That's not why someone with MG gets O2! O2, at the very least, gets your body the oxygen it needs so that the heart doesn't have to work so hard! And the breathing pattern in MG is usually restrictive, not obstructive. Did they check your O2 or an ABG?

Don't forget that MG antibodies can come and go. You might have positive ones in the future.

You must be exhausted. I hope you'll rest as much as possible. I'm glad you now have a doctor who gets MG and is going to help you. That's half the battle.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote