View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
dorry

dorry

i love helping ppl find ways to get what they need when funds are limited. when i heard from KT by email, I knew her heart was to give the wheelchair to someone in need only and agreed with her.

when I got a $1k supination splint ( thru a state rehab) for my wrist when I was in PT for RSD several years ago, I found out it could snap my porous bone and was too scared to use it. I even had to sign a paper that I wouldn't hold the PT liable. Scared the crap out of me, so I put it in a closet!

then about 5 months later since the state rehab didn't want it, I called the PT clinic and asked if I could donate it to them to use in their clinic for ppl like me with no insurance. They were happy to get it.

now if I could just get back the crutches that my husband gave away (nice stainless ones for tall legs!) on one of our many moves. My feet do something strange out of the blue and it feels like they're broken.

I've had it happen so often I know nothing is really broken and by the next day (usually) it will pass. But crutches would be nice when I have a full bladder and the thought of getting out of the chair is too excruiating
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote