View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Street View Post
I was given a diagnosis of myelomalacia in 2006 following a spinal decompression operation. Previously, since the mid '80s I had had mild neuropathic pain in both legs and a slight walking problem but in early autumn 2006 the condition took a step change for the worse with the nerve pain becoming very intrusive and greatly impaired mobility. The operation appears to have stabilised the condition, with very little change over the last six years.

I tried various medications from 2006 onwards: amitryptiline (have I got that right?), gabapentin, etc., etc. even waccy baccy and ending with methadone but none of them resulted in any noticeable improvement, so I decided it was better for my mental health to stop taking the pills and accept that the pain and mobillity problems were part of me and so I decided to get on with life as best I could. Not everyone's solution I know, but it is mine.
I haven't seen a surgeon yet, I am having a problem or problems with medical assistance. I really don't have alot of pain just uncomfortable. Do you have alot of pain?
I hope i's not that bad for you!!!

Thanks for letting me know.
Kim
kim1101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote