View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1101 View Post
Thanks Leesa,

Thanks for responding to my mri. I am still in the dark as to what does deformed spine mean, will it always be that way or can anything be done about? Is it degenerative or caused by something else?
Tha pain really isn't that bad, I am on gabapentin right now but will the pi get worse? Thanks again for any info.

Kim
I worked for a pain management Dr for about 7 years. I have also had several spinal surgeries. Lumber, L4and L5, T4 thru T9. Cervical fusion at C7 and T1 and a triple cervical fusion above C7. I always told my patients to NOT have surgery until the pain was so extreme thatyou could not stand it anymore. It is a long and difficult recovery for some and some bounch back soon. Each person is different. It has to do with mental state, support system in place, If you follow instructions. Sometimes you can do everything right and it is still not better or maybe even worse. But at times you have to weigh the risks against the odds. At times it was worth it and at times it is not. I jus put my faith in God and my spine in the hands of a surgeon that is known to pray every morning before surgery. I am not sure what that has to do with it. But Ido know that he did the cerv ical and I have had exellent results. Whereas the lumbar and thoracic spine I have several problems. But it was by diffrent surgeons. So I wish you luck nd hope this helped a little. It is difficult to tell anyone anything about this. Because you can line up a hundred people, The same height, weight etc. WIth every known variable the same and have a hundred different results. There are so many factors that cannot be forseen. But I do wish you luck and you will be in my prayers. I do hope I helped. But it is ultimately in your hands and God's hands. Good Luck
sandrvega is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-02-2013)