View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy9 View Post
I am on Rocephin, 2 grams IV every day. I'm still on it. I am fortunate it does not seem to effect my MG symptoms. I am also on oral Biaxin. I take Rifampin too for Bartonella. One of the most important things about tick bites is you rarely ever get just Lyme; you often get Bartonella, Babesia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and / or Erlichiosis too. I had them all. It's nasty and debilitating. Then after about 5 years I got MG. I 've also gotten hypothyroid, POTS, small fiber neuropathy and adrenal fatigue out of this mess as well.

The tests are totally inaccurate, but if you had a Western Blot and can get a copy, you are better off looking up the results online. Regular doctors don't know how to interpret them correctly.
Goodness! Bartonella rings a bell. Friend of a friend was written off - she was really deteriorating - until she traveled to New York and got diagnosed there. Seems a bit of a contradiction that docs where we live donīt want to give antibiotics for it long term (that means 5 weeks at start of symptoms) yet they leave it too long and they end up having more than they (and you!) bargained for. But that is really interesting that this path led you to MG. Thanks for sharing.............
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote