View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Bubble,

This tooth is very ill and I am upset that your dentist misinformed you... to say the least. Please see an oral surgeon this week.

In the meantime, rinse 3-4 times a day with warm salt water. Make sure to squish the water up into that area deliberately so as to keep the fistula soft.

This is an active infection and you may need further antibiotics even when the tooth is removed. Something other than clindamycin will be prescribed. In the meantime, some diet tips... start taking a probiotic and avoid sugar and soft drinks as much as possible. Drink lots of filter water throughout the day.

A great probiotic called Culturelle will help restore the lactobacillus bacteria which is one of the most important bacterias that antibiotics destroy in the intestines. Stay on this for several months even if you have to take another antibiotic. Just take the probiotic 2 hours before or after the antibiotic. Avoiding sugar is imperative because sugar in any form suppresses the immune system making it work harder to fight infection. The water drinking helps remove toxins from the infection that travel through the renal system (bladder and kidneys).

I am so sorry your dentist gave you false hope. I hear this all the time.... :/

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble0304 View Post
Yes, and now, the fistula started filling back up today.

It is concerning me and now I have to wait until Monday again to contact someone else.

Unfortunately, no, I don't have the xrays.

No, I take no iron supplements. I went to the Dr. and they found there was no blood in the stool, which is good but I'm concerned whether or not it was the clindamycin causing these issues or if it could possibly be related to my infection in my mouth.

And because I am having these stomach issues, I don't want to take any more antibiotics, certainly not something stronger than clindamycin. And certainly not clindamycin again......
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote