View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Is there a reason you want to send a letter? Aren't you already getting good care?

There can be problems with sending letters. Believe me, I know. First, it gets put in YOUR electronic medical chart, where any other doctor can see it. It is NOT private! And the comments they make about you after that might not be good.

The typical responses are: "How dare she think she knows what's wrong with her" or "How dare she thinks she knows more than a doctor." Seriously, that happens. Anything given to doctors that "might" be construed as a complaint, tends to get them red flagging a chart and labeling a patient as a troublemaker.

I know, it's sick but true.

You really have to think through things like this, otherwise it might color your care FOREVER. And not in a good way. You think you're being all complimentary but I'll bet it would be sent on to a risk manager. Why? They didn't give you appropriate MG treatment and that left them legally vulnerable.

So if this doctor you saw who wants to be an MG champion is good, just stick with him and trust him. Stirring those medical waters can end badly for you! And you do not need that.

IMO.
Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
seishin (02-02-2013)