Thread: Swollen Gums
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for the information.

The Tori that you describe is further down my gum towards the area where it meets my jawline. From the Tori it then feels swollen all along the groove and its getting more and more irritating as its hurting and can be sore to touch. When I have my mouth closed I am now more aware of it being there (the Tori and swollen area) whereas before it was painless, no swelling from the Tori and wasnt aware of it when mouth closed. The molar directly above the lower left 2nd from back (I never had wisdom teeth) is the One that aches.

I have had a few different ideas of what it is....gum problem related to TMJ and even atypical odontalgia! I am certain there is a problem due to the swelling but as said before there is no evidence to determine a definite diagnosi

No one has offered a nightguard though?

I spent a whole year with pain and debilitation with my right molar and as I have a young toddler I cannot go through the uncertainty and pain a second year in a row.

Do u think I could pproach my Doctor other than my dentist as getting nowhere fast again.
redhen75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote